Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Verona, here we come.

As of now, we'll be based in Verona! This is great news for a multitude of reasons:

1. I already read up on Verona A TON. Glad to know I can put this to some use.
2. It's incredibly close to Venice!
3. It's only 2 hours from Milan!
4. Lake Garda is about 20 minutes away - Italy's biggest lake.
5. Lake Como is only a couple hours away! And I hear Varenna (a town on the lake) is incredible.
6. We are close to the Alps!
7. I can't really think of any other concrete reasons, but I'm stoked!

Although we'll be in Verona for all of prep and the first couple weeks of shooting, the best part is that we'll slowly be making our way down towards the Florence area and Siena through the last 5 or so weeks of filming. Free travel!

And I should point out one thing that Erin thought was great: Siena is apparently a walled-city. It'll be tough to shoot within those walls, because I don't think cars are allowed inside (except taxis, police, some bus lines) - to preserve the ancient buildings and roads and such. At least that's what Wikitravel tells me. And they're never wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment